Being quite aware that I am in the closing few days of my 100 Days of Cloud challenge, however clearly the learnings do not stop. I spent some time today covering off the wider IoT content on the MS Learn website, with a view at some point of taking the speciality exam AZ-220.
As some of you may have seen on my twitter, I am currently in the process of building a 3D printer Robot arm that I am going to utilise as my learning piece into the world of IoT.
MS Learn has a great introduction to IoT Learning Path that covers the following areas:
The learning outcomes of this path are:
- What does it mean to enable digital transformation with IoT
- Learn Microsoft Azure IoT strategy and solutions
- Learn how to connect devices to the cloud
- Learn how to create and configure an IoT Hub
- Learn more about device messaging and communication
- Learn how to build IoT solutions with Azure IoT Central
- Learn more about how intelligent edge can unblock new scenarios
- Learn more about stream processing
- Learn how to implement lambda architecture for IoT solutions
- Learn how to Configure an IoT solution for Time Series Insight
The modules contained in the learning path are:
Today I made a start on going through the first few modules, including doing a little bit more playing with Azure IoT Hub, specifically looking to see how to send and receive messages in code etc.
After this challenge has completed my idea it to try and fully understand all the relevant IoT components and try to build a Proof of Concept / Lab environment with the Robot Arm that helps me truly understand some of the capabilities and their application.
I love how the start of this series takes things back to its basics to help us understand how Microsoft seeing Digital Transformation:
Digital transformation is about reimagining how you bring together people, data, and processes to create value for your customers and maintain a competitive advantage in a digital-first world.
Digital technologies create new opportunities for businesses across the globe by changing the way that goods and services are produced, sold, and consumed. These technologies help your organization adapt in the face of competitive pressures and evolving customer needs. Doing so often involves reimagining the digital platform, culture, and overall approach to transformation with a focus on customer engagement, business processes, and data and intelligence. Microsoft enables impactful digital transformation across four pillars:
|Empower employees||Help your employees achieve more by creating a work environment that’s intelligent, flexible, and secure.|
|Engage customers||Tailor individual customer experiences by harnessing data and drawing actionable insights.|
|Optimize operations||Accelerate the responsiveness of your business, improve service levels, and reduce costs with intelligent processes.|
|Transform products||Find and capture the best new opportunities by using data as a strategic asset and shifting from hindsight to foresight.|
- Microsoft drives digital transformation for its customers across these four pillars: Empower employees, Engage customers, Optimize operations, Transform products.
- Data from the Microsoft Solution areas feeds the intelligent cloud and intelligent edge to fuel digital transformation and business innovation.
- Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365, and Azure enable you to build cutting-edge, individualized solutions.
- The digital feedback loop enables digital transformation. It captures digital signals from across the business, connects and synthesizes the data, and drives insights that can help improve business outcomes.
- The keys to success in your digital transformation journey are: Vision and strategy, Culture, Unique potential and Capabilities.
My Main ReadMe Page is all set up with a bit about me!
The guys at 100DaysofCloud have set up the GitHub repo to be cloned and also have a great repo containing ideas and areas to collaborate on: https://github.com/100DaysOfCloud/100DaysOfCloudIdeas
My Github Journey tracker can be found here: https://github.com/jonnychipz/100DaysOfCloud
Please Watch/Star my repo and feel free to comment of contribute to anything I push! I really look forward to hearing from anyone who is going to jump on the journey around the same time as me! Lets see where I get to in 100 days!
I would encourage others to jump on this journey, I’m not sure that I will be able to commit every day for 100 days, but as long as I can complete 100 days that will be great!