Today I have been refreshing some of the benefits of using Data storage in Azure, from everything surrounding your application Virtual Machines and Disks, through to Application data, message queues and files and folders. Azure Storage will have an answer for you!
So what are the benefits with using Azure Storage?
- Azure offers automated Backup and recovery services
- Data can be replicated globally
- Data analytics is supported directly on your storage accounts
- Data is encrypted by default at rest and in transit across azure
- Azure supports multiple different data types
- Virtual Disks can grow to up to 32TB in size
- Azure offers different storage tiers based on your speed and access requirements
Business Storage types
Outside of IaaS services Azure can offer the following types of Business Storage options:
- Azure SQL Database
- Azure Cosmos DB
- Azure Blob Storage
- Azure Data Lake Storage
- Azure Files
- Azure Queue
- Disk Storage
- Storage Tiers
- Encryption for Storage
- Replication for Storage Availability
I have spent some time reviewing the options for Storage in Azure and how each opiton and features related to storage can be facilitated.
I have made the links above hyperlinks to the various Microsoft literature which has aided in my review of the Azure Cloud Hosted Storage options.
My Main ReadMe Page is all set up with a bit about me!
The guys at 100DaysofCloud have set up the GitHub repo to be cloned and also have a great repo containing ideas and areas to collaborate on: https://github.com/100DaysOfCloud/100DaysOfCloudIdeas
My Github Journey tracker can be found here: https://github.com/jonnychipz/100DaysOfCloud
Please Watch/Star my repo and feel free to comment of contribute to anything I push! I really look forward to hearing from anyone who is going to jump on the journey around the same time as me! Lets see where I get to in 100 days!
I would encourage others to jump on this journey, I’m not sure that I will be able to commit every day for 100 days, but as long as I can complete 100 days that will be great!