STOP PRESS: I am a 1/4 of the way through my 100DaysOfCloud Challenge!!!! and continue!!…….
The Microsoft AZ-400 Exam (Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions) is the next certification I am going to be aiming for. The exam information can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/az-400
This will play its part on the pathway to the Microsoft Certified DevOps Engineer Expert Certification and will give me a depth of knowledge across the Microsoft DevOps architecture!
The Microsoft Learn materials can be found structured as 6 discrete Learning Pathways (of which I am aiming to complete over the coming days) this blog post is the chronicle of my studies on the Learning Pathway:
This pathway is structured into 11 modules of which I have completed:
- Create a build pipeline with Azure Pipelines
- Run quality tests in your build pipeline by using Azure Pipelines
- Manage build dependencies with Azure Artifacts
- Host your own build agent in Azure Pipelines
- Create a release pipeline in Azure Pipelines
- Create a multistage pipeline by using Azure Pipelines
- Run functional tests in Azure Pipelines
- Run nonfunctional tests in Azure Pipelines
- Configure infrastructure in Azure Pipelines
- Protect your virtual machine settings with Azure Automation State Configuration
- Build continuous integration (CI) workflows by using GitHub Actions
So that wraps up all the AZ-400 MS Learn materials, it has been a hard slog that introduces some great concepts and practices around DevOps in Azure.
I am officially a 1/4 of the way through my 100DaysOfCloud Challenge and still going strong!
Next step is to get this exam booked in and keep running through some more practice, I may very well be revisiting some of the modules in this Learning Pathway as it covers off the practical side of the configuration of YAML pipelines in order to provide automated build right through to Contiguous delivery and deployment.
To be to the point, these learnings have been full on but fun and very interesting for me to work out how I see my role integrating these methods into my daily working life as well as making. Looking forward to putting these learnings into practice!
Skills measured in the AZ-400 exam:
- Develop an instrumentation strategy (5-10%)
- Develop a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) strategy (5-10%)
- Develop a security and compliance plan (10-15%)
- Manage source control (10-15%)
- Facilitate communication and collaboration (10-15%)
- Define and implement continuous integration (20-25%)
- Define and implement a continuous delivery and release management strategy (10-15%)
My Main ReadMe Page is all set up with a bit about me!
The guys at 100DaysofCloud have set up the GitHub repo to be cloned and also have a great repo containing ideas and areas to collaborate on: https://github.com/100DaysOfCloud/100DaysOfCloudIdeas
My Github Journey tracker can be found here: https://github.com/jonnychipz/100DaysOfCloud
Please Watch/Star my repo and feel free to comment of contribute to anything I push! I really look forward to hearing from anyone who is going to jump on the journey around the same time as me! Lets see where I get to in 100 days!
I would encourage others to jump on this journey, I’m not sure that I will be able to commit every day for 100 days, but as long as I can complete 100 days that will be great!