As part of the AZ104 Azure Administrator Associate Exam, another key area of knowledge required is around the Networking elements of Azure. I have spent some time revisiting the Learning materials that Microsoft have put together, some interesting interactive Azure Sandbox knowledge checks as well in this series. I’m following the MS Learn resources for the AZ-104 exam that can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/paths/az-104-manage-virtual-networks/
- Configure the network for your virtual machines
- Design an IP addressing schema for your Azure deployment
- Host your domain on Azure DNS
- Distribute your services across Azure virtual networks and integrate them by using virtual network peering
- Manage and control traffic flow in your Azure deployment with routes
- Connect your on-premises network to Azure with VPN Gateway
- Connect your on-premises network to the Microsoft global network by using ExpressRoute
- Secure and isolate access to Azure resources by using network security groups and service endpoints
- Load balance your web service traffic with Application Gateway
- Improve application scalability and resiliency by using Azure Load Balancer
- Troubleshoot inbound network connectivity for Azure Load Balancer
- Monitor and troubleshoot your end-to-end Azure network infrastructure by using network monitoring tools
This group of modules is estimated to take around 9 hours to work through from start to finish. Again I had completed a number of these modules prior to todays post, but felt it necessary to include on my 100DaysOfCloud Blog challenge as there is some really good information within these modules regardless if you are looking to take the exam
Other Learnings from today
One thing I have found phenomenal on this challenge is the sheer amount of learning and blogging opportunities that are available once you emerge yourself in this mindset.
After working through the Terraform work yesterday I found myself continuing on with Containers on Docker as well as looking into ASP.NET MVC Webapps to query GraphAPI and log on with Azure AD and MS Live accounts to do it. I will talk through those learnings at another time, but if anyone is working on similar things then reach out, I’d love to discuss them with you!
For now I think I will keep my focus on the Azure Admin learnings as there is always something to learn!
My Main ReadMe Page is all set up with a bit about me!
The guys at 100DaysofCloud have set up the GitHub repo to be cloned and also have a great repo containing ideas and areas to collaborate on: https://github.com/100DaysOfCloud/100DaysOfCloudIdeas
My Github Journey tracker can be found here: https://github.com/jonnychipz/100DaysOfCloud
Please Watch/Star my repo and feel free to comment of contribute to anything I push! I really look forward to hearing from anyone who is going to jump on the journey around the same time as me! Lets see where I get to in 100 days!
I would encourage others to jump on this journey, I’m not sure that I will be able to commit every day for 100 days, but as long as I can complete 100 days that will be great!