In my quest to sit the Azure Developer Associate Exam as well as the other IaC involvements that I have been working on with Terraform and Azure DevOps. Part of my 100DaysofCloud Plan was to learn the syntax of a new language. That language of choice is ‘Python’.
My reasoning behind this is for a few reasons.
- It is an interpreted language and not compiled, which for me brings it more aligned to the scripting world I have lived in for the last few years. This will enable me to run my code in many different environments without too much trouble.
- I have done a bit of .NET in the past and wanted to introduce what was seen as a ‘Swiss army knife’ of a language.
- To me Python seems to be mentioned in despatches in a number of situations and environments.
The Python programming language lets you build many types of programs like:
- Business apps to capture, analyze, and process data.
- Dynamic web apps that a web browser can access.
- Games in both 2D and 3D.
- Financial and scientific apps.
- Cloud-based apps.
- Mobile apps.
I have been playing around with some python scripts as of late to interact with my Raspberry Pi and the IoT sensor kit that I have purchased.
I thought it might be worthwhile starting at a basic stage with Python and revisit some early learning Modules.
These modules provide a great grounding and introduction to the language and would highly recommend working through them.
My Main ReadMe Page is all set up with a bit about me!
The guys at 100DaysofCloud have set up the GitHub repo to be cloned and also have a great repo containing ideas and areas to collaborate on: https://github.com/100DaysOfCloud/100DaysOfCloudIdeas
My Github Journey tracker can be found here: https://github.com/jonnychipz/100DaysOfCloud
Please Watch/Star my repo and feel free to comment of contribute to anything I push! I really look forward to hearing from anyone who is going to jump on the journey around the same time as me! Lets see where I get to in 100 days!
I would encourage others to jump on this journey, I’m not sure that I will be able to commit every day for 100 days, but as long as I can complete 100 days that will be great!