In keeping with the containers theme I thought I would look into running through a few tutorials on how to deploy into a Web App Service a containerised Web Application.
The following tutorial takes you from creating a containerised image with Docker and storing these in Azure Container Registry. From here we will configure Azure app service to run this container that’s held in Azure Container Registry. Finally it guides you through configuring a webhook as a mechanism to allow continuous deployment!
Overall this tutorial is a simple but incredibly powerful set of resources to help understand the concepts from Docker image creation through to deployment and continuous deployment.
Deploy and run a containerized web app with Azure App Service
Deploy and run a containerized web app with Azure App Service – Learn | Microsoft Docs
- Introduction 3 min
- Build and store images by using Azure Container Registry 3 min
- Exercise – Build and store an image by using Azure Container Registry 10 min
- Deploy a web app by using an image from an Azure Container Registry repository 3 min
- Exercise – Create and deploy a web app from a Docker image 10 min
- Update the image and automatically redeploy the web app 4 min
- Exercise – Modify the image and redeploy the web app 10 min
- Summary 3 min
My Main ReadMe Page is all set up with a bit about me!
The guys at 100DaysofCloud have set up the GitHub repo to be cloned and also have a great repo containing ideas and areas to collaborate on: https://github.com/100DaysOfCloud/100DaysOfCloudIdeas
My Github Journey tracker can be found here: https://github.com/jonnychipz/100DaysOfCloud
Please Watch/Star my repo and feel free to comment of contribute to anything I push! I really look forward to hearing from anyone who is going to jump on the journey around the same time as me! Lets see where I get to in 100 days!
I would encourage others to jump on this journey, I’m not sure that I will be able to commit every day for 100 days, but as long as I can complete 100 days that will be great!