In keeping with this weeks activities around Containers and AKS, I thought I would take the time to work through the following MS Learn Pathway to cement some of the learnings form this week:
- Introduction 5 min
- Exercise – Deploy Kubernetes with Azure Kubernetes Service 15 min
- Exercise – Create a private, highly available container registry 15 min
- Exercise – Deploy MongoDB 15 min
- Exercise – Deploy the ratings API 20 min
- Exercise – Deploy the ratings front end 20 min
- Exercise – Deploy an ingress for the front end 20 min
- Exercise – Enable SSL/TLS on the front-end ingress 15 min
- Exercise – Configure monitoring for your application 10 min
- Exercise – Scale your application to meet demand 5 min
- Summary and cleanup 5 min
This learning path guides you through deploying the relevant AKS Cluster and configure it to manage a fictional company Website:
You will configure the following:
- Use AKS to deploy a Kubernetes cluster.
- Configure an Azure Container Registry to store application container images.
- Deploy the three ratings application components.
- Deploy the Fruit Smoothies website document database using Helm 3.
- Deploy the Fruit smoothies RESTFul API using deployment manifests.
- Deploy the Fruit smoothies website frontend using deployment manifests.
- Deploy Azure Kubernetes ingress using Helm 3.
- Configure SSL/TLS on the controller using
- Configure Azure Monitor for containers to monitor the Fruit Smoothies website deployment.
- Configure cluster autoscaler and horizontal pod autoscaler for the Fruit Smoothies cluster.
My Main ReadMe Page is all set up with a bit about me!
The guys at 100DaysofCloud have set up the GitHub repo to be cloned and also have a great repo containing ideas and areas to collaborate on: https://github.com/100DaysOfCloud/100DaysOfCloudIdeas
My Github Journey tracker can be found here: https://github.com/jonnychipz/100DaysOfCloud
Please Watch/Star my repo and feel free to comment of contribute to anything I push! I really look forward to hearing from anyone who is going to jump on the journey around the same time as me! Lets see where I get to in 100 days!
I would encourage others to jump on this journey, I’m not sure that I will be able to commit every day for 100 days, but as long as I can complete 100 days that will be great!